By Karen E. Smith,Lauri Kahanpää,Pekka Kekäläinen,William Traves
Read or Download An Invitation to Algebraic Geometry (Universitext) PDF
Best geometry & topology books
Geometric algebra is a strong mathematical language with functions throughout a number of matters in physics and engineering. This booklet is a whole consultant to the present country of the topic with early chapters delivering a self-contained creation to geometric algebra. themes coated comprise new thoughts for dealing with rotations in arbitrary dimensions, and the hyperlinks among rotations, bivectors and the constitution of the Lie teams.
The learn of triangulations of topological areas has continuously been on the root of geometric topology. one of the such a lot studied triangulations are piecewise linear triangulations of high-dimensional topological manifolds. Their examine culminated within the past due 1960s–early Nineteen Seventies in a whole category within the paintings of Kirby and Siebenmann.
Hyperbolic geometry is a classical topic in natural arithmetic which has interesting purposes in theoretical physics. during this publication top specialists introduce hyperbolic geometry and Maass waveforms and talk about functions in quantum chaos and cosmology. The ebook starts off with an introductory bankruptcy detailing the geometry of hyperbolic surfaces and comprises various labored examples and routines to offer the reader an excellent starting place for the remainder of the publication.
A strategies guide to accompany Geometry of Convex units Geometry of Convex Sets begins with simple definitions of the recommendations of vector addition and scalar multiplication after which defines the suggestion of convexity for subsets of n-dimensional area. Many homes of convex units might be found utilizing simply the linear constitution.
- Geometry II (Universitext)
- Algebraic Geometry and Commutative Algebra (Universitext)
- Foundations of Geometry and Induction: Volume 17 (International Library of Philosophy)
- Splitting Deformations of Degenerations of Complex Curves: Towards the Classification of Atoms of Degenerations, III (Lecture Notes in Mathematics)
- Differential Geometry of Lightlike Submanifolds (Frontiers in Mathematics)
- The Geometry of Higher-Order Hamilton Spaces: Applications to Hamiltonian Mechanics (Fundamental Theories of Physics)
Additional resources for An Invitation to Algebraic Geometry (Universitext)
An Invitation to Algebraic Geometry (Universitext) by Karen E. Smith,Lauri Kahanpää,Pekka Kekäläinen,William Traves